PE & Sport Premium
Victoria Academy's vision is for all pupils leaving school to be physcially literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy active lifestyle participation in physical activity and sport.
Our objective with the sports fund is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of P.E and sport against these 5 key indicators:
Academic Year 2016 - 2017
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of P.E and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
P.E and Sports Premium Funding for the academic Year 2016 - 2017 was £9090.00
The link below shows how we spent the funding and the impact it had on the quality of our provision.
P.E and Sports Funding 2016 - 2017
Academic Year 2017 - 2018
P.E Sports Premium Funding for the Academic Year 2017 - 2018 is £18040.00
This year we intend to use the budget to
Below is a link to the PE Funding Impact Table 2017-19
- Improve our resources for indoor P.E and Sports
- Develop our playtime sports activities
- Ensure that staff have access to relevant training
- Employ specialist teachers and coaches in a wide range of sports
- Employ a Sports Apprentice to ensure sustainable high quality provision
Victoria Academy PE Funding Impact 2017-19
Below is a link to the 2017-18 year 6 class attainment in swimming:
Victoria Academy Year 6 Swimming Attainment 17 - 18
Sainsbury's School Games Mark
We have been awarded 'The Sainsbury's School Games Mark'. This accolade is awarded in recognition for our commitment to the school games, physical education and school sport. Congratulations to the pupils and staff for their dedication.